We rolled out a new and better SDK for you.
Project set up
To develop your own application with the Maps SDK, you need to make sure that the prerequisites are in place and that you have added the Maps SDK as a dependency to your project. Follow the steps below and then you are ready to code! The Maps SDK for iOS is compatible with Swift and Objective-C.
Get the prerequisites in place:
- XCode installed (How to install XCode).
- Set up the application deployment target to 9.1 or higher.
- Install Cocoapods (How to install Cocoapods).
Set up your project like this:
- Open XCode.
- Create a new project or open an existing one.
On the 1st of February, we relocated the Legacy SDK for iOS packages. The iOS package will now be provided as a single compressed file. If you wish to continue using our legacy Map SDK, see the following location change details and update your development environment accordingly.
- Download the compressed package and unzip it: [https://repositories.tomtom.com/artifactory/maps-sdk-legacy-ios/legacy_lns_sdk_2.4.714.zip]
- Then manually include the framework in your Xcode project: choose Project > Add to Project and select the framework directory. (Alternatively, you can control-click your project group and choose Add Files > Existing Frameworks from the contextual menu.)
- After you add an existing framework to your project, Xcode will ask you to associate it with one or more targets in your project.
- Once associated, Xcode automatically links the framework against the resulting executable.
Choose SDK modules for your app
Either independently include modules for Maps, Search and/or Routing, or all of them at once. You can do so by adding Maps SDK modules to Podfile and running pod install again:
- MAP - Getting started
- SEARCH - Getting started
- ROUTING - Getting started
- TRAFFIC - Getting started
- GEOFENCING - Getting started
Configuration for all Maps SDK modules
To include all Maps SDK modules in your app.
- Add services keys taken from http://developer.tomtom.com.
- Create Podfile
1pod 'TomTomOnlineSDKMaps'2pod 'TomTomOnlineSDKSearch'3pod 'TomTomOnlineSDKRouting'4pod 'TomTomOnlineSDKTraffic'5pod 'TomTomOnlineSDKMapsUIExtensions'6pod 'TomTomOnlineSDKMapsStaticImage'7pod 'TomTomOnlineSDKMapsDriving'8pod 'TomTomOnlineSDKGeofencing'
- Now go to the console and install the frameworks by typing pod install
Maps SDK Examples app
The Maps SDK Examples app is available in two flavors: Swift and Objective-C. Download and build the Maps SDK Examples app to see key features of the Maps SDK.
Modify the source code to learn more about the SDK.
Speed up development by using the source code in your own app.
Maps SDK Examples are hosted on github: https://github.com/tomtom-international/maps-sdk-for-ios-examples
Clone the repository by command:
git clone https://github.com/tomtom-international/maps-sdk-for-ios-examples
Developers using TomTom SDKs and APIs in their apps similarly bear responsibility to adhere to applicable privacy laws.
These Maps SDK Examples are provided as-is and shall be used internally and for evaluation purposes only. Any other use is strictly prohibited.
Building and Launching
To build your application, open a newly created by Cocoapods XCode workspace, not a project.