Service version: 1
Last edit: 2019.09.25
The Geofencing API Fences service enables you to create fences (areas) with geometries of a certain type, such as
fence is a virtual representation of a certain geographic area.
- Fences can have various shapes and can have multiple user-defined properties.
fencemust belong to at least one Project (it can belong to more).
Fences service endpoints
The Fences service contains the following endpoints and a data table:
- GETList fences for a given project
This endpoint obtains a list of tuples representing a user's fences for a given project. Each tuple contains a single fence's UUID and name.
- GETGet fence details
This endpoint requests all details for a single fence.
- PUTEdit fence
This endpoint provides new values for fence attributes. An Admin may send only the values that need to be updated.
- POSTAdd new fence to a project
This endpoint creates a new fence, and then automatically links it to a single project.
- POSTCreate new fence and assign it to multiple projects
This endpoint creates a new fence, and then assigns it to multiple projects.
- DELETEDelete fence
This endpoint uses a command to delete fences.
- Information about all affected projects will be sent in the Response.
- The delete command can also be used in "dry run mode", which removes nothing, but sends information about affected projects in the Response.
- DELETEDelete fence from project
This endpoint uses a command to delete a fence from a project. If the project is the only one the fence is in, the fence is permanently deleted.
- GETGet objects count in the fence
This endpoint list objects inside the fence.
Custom fence shapes
Note: The Fences service also contains a chapter Custom fence shapes, describing what fence shapes (apart from GeoJSON polygon/multipolygon) can be used in the Geofencing API.
Please use the navigation menu on the left-side of each page to find the topic and data you need.