The Geofencing API Objects service provides a client-side reporting device that acts as a representation of the thing to be geofenced (a person, drone, vehicle, etc.). It is defined on the customer side by an Admin. An Object has the following characteristics.
- It is uniquely identifiable.
- It can only be linked to a single Configuration at a time.
- It has a certain connectivity capability.
- It does not have to always be connected to the Geofencing service.
- It has a position.
- It may also have other user-defined properties.
- To query the service, an Object only requires an API Key.
To update its position, an Object has to provide its ID and API Key. Geofencing and Location History APIs share Objects when both are on the same account. Each API has access to a view of an Object that is relevant for the given API.
The Objects service contains the following endpoints.
Obtains a list of tuples representing the user's objects.
Get object details
Requests all details about a single object.
Add new object
Creates a new object.
Provides new values for an existing object's attributes.
Provides a command used to delete objects.
Please use the navigation menu on the left-side of each page to find the topic and data you need.