O/D Analysis is a suite of web services designed for developers to create web applications which analyze historical traffic data. These web services are RESTful APIs. The O/D Analysis APIs are based on the collection of Floating Car Data (FCD), which is a proven and innovative method of measuring what is happening on the road. Millions of TomTom navigation devices, in-dash systems and apps are already in use and the number is growing every day. These devices all send anonymized FCD data to our servers in real-time, from which we derive historical traffic information. This information gives valuable insight into the traffic situation on the road network throughout the day, delivering information on traffic flow and trip distributions. O/D Analysis, besides the API, is also available as a reference implementation through the O/D Analysis Portal - part of TomTom Move portfolio. When you want to do limited queries on our traffic database we suggest using the O/D Analysis Portal. Please go to move.tomtom.com for evaluation access.
- Request access to O/D Analysis via your local partner or TomTom account manager.
- Read the API documentation and start coding.
- Geomarketing projects - store locations, retail attractions, focused location advertisements and billboard locations.
- Tourism studies - access to information to help you understand popular points of interest and seasonal distribution.
- Urban planning - analyze the most used routes, and studies of flow or tourism dynamics between popular points of interest.
- Smart city programs - contributing as an input for Mobility studies.
- The TomTom O/D Analysis API provides for the user defined regions, date range and time slices all trip distribution information you require
- Define your own custom regions using the GeoJSON format in report input
- Download origin - destination trip matrices between each pair of regions in JSON format as a result
- Check trips between origins and destinations that pass through a selected region ("Via" region)