Selected Link Analysis
The Selected Link API calculates the distribution of incoming and outgoing trips through a defined region called "link".
Common use cases
Thanks to the Selected Link API, you can tap into different insights and analysis, such as:
- How much traffic leaves a highway and drives through downtown to avoid congestion.
- Determine corridors for new or expanded roads.
- Alternative routes to manage construction.
- Planning detours.
- Intersection dependencies among multiple segments.
- And much more!
Using this API
This API is asynchronous. There are some important notes about using this API:
- The latitude and longitude coordinates are in EPSG4326 / WGS84 format for both input and output. Other coordinate systems are not supported.
- The longest supported selected link is 2 km (1.24 miles). Requests with a longer link will be rejected.
- As the service is asynchronous it can take a while before results are available, depending on how busy the service is.
- Do not repost your request multiple times if you do not get feedback within seconds. We will ensure to deliver the results.