What’s a Private Preview?
At TomTom, we want you to have access to our latest and greatest technology and at the same time we want to make sure that the technology works properly for you and your projects.
That’s why from time-to-time we release new services under a “Private Preview”.
A private Preview is a short window of time when we invite a small group of developers to test and use our new products. During this period, our product is made available to the users to test, evaluate, create proof-of-concepts and report any issues and feedback they may have to our team at TomTom.
Through a Private Preview, we learn what’s working and what’s not. The feedback we receive during this time is invaluable and helps create a ready-for-market product that is available for the public release.
What’s in it for you?
Private Previews are an exclusive invitation to users who have shown interest in a product family or already current users. When you accept the invitation, there are a few perks:
Contribute to the quality of products you enjoy!
- Your feedback helps to shape the future of our products.
- You play a direct role in improving TomTom’s products you enjoy.
Learn about new technologies (before anyone else)!
- Only a handful of people get to see pre-released products.
- You get unique chance to try out new products before they hit the market.
- You get to test, create and try to break a new product!
What does this mean for you?
You got the definition, you heard how they are fun – but now you’re probably wondering what it really means to participate in a Private Preview.
- First, you’ll get a direct invite from us asking you to try out our new features/products/services under a Private Preview.
- We will ask you to share direct feedback to our team for evaluation purposes; therefore, your participation is greatly appreciated.
- When you participate in a Private Preview for TomTom, certain terms and conditions apply which are described here in section 5 in our Terms and Conditions.
- Finally, once we have all the feedback – we will evaluate if the product can be launched or should be discontinued. If launched, you get to have all the bragging rights in the world.
We hope this helped answers any immediate questions you may have had about what a Private Preview is at TomTom and what it entails. If you have additional questions before participating, please contact us.