Search is a RESTful API designed for developers allowing single-line fuzzy search for addresses and POIs. Search assigns a latitude/longitude to a specific address, cross street, geographic feature, or point of interest (POI).
The Search API contains the following services with their endpoints:
This is a fuzzy single-line search process for query-based relevant addresses and POIs, with the option to restrict the search within a certain geometry.
Autocomplete enables you to make a more meaningful Search API call by recognizing entities inside an input query and offering them as query terms.
Filter your own or 3rd party POIs (Points of Interest) within a certain geometry.
Returns sets of coordinates that represent the outline of a city, country, or land area.
Place by ID
The Place by Id service endpoint provides detailed information about the Place found by its identifier (entityId).
Provides a full list of POI categories and sub-categories, together with their translations and synonyms.
- To get your API Key, you first need to be registered for the TomTom Developer Portal. If you don't have an account, no worries! Register / Sign in now before continuing.
- Once you are registered, go to your Dashboard and locate the API Key that you would like to use (we've created the first one for you, it's called My first API Key).
- Read the documentation and start coding.
- Consider using the TomTom Maps SDK for Web, for iOS, and for Android.
- Check related Blog articles for further information.
Here are some potential use cases.
- Search for an address, a POI (Points Of Interest), or a combination of both.
- Search for area, for example: "Chinatown".
- Search in the direction you are heading.
- Search for a POI near a POI or address, for example:
- "Coffee near XYZ company"
- "Restaurants on Main Street"
- "ATMs near AMC Theater"
- "Parking near 1234 Main Street"
This is a high-level view of our Search API features.
- Fuzzy search, with optional:
- Fuzziness level setting
- POI search
- POI category search
- Geometry search, with:
- Point and radius
- Mature ranking, with Landmarks