Service version: 2.0
Last edit: 2019.02.01
On this page
What is the Search API?
Search is a RESTful API designed for developers allowing single line fuzzy search for addresses and POIs. Online Search assigns a latitude/longitude to a specific address, cross street, geographic feature, or point of interest (POI).
Use the following steps to get started.
- Register/Sign in to the TomTom Developer Portal.
- Request an evaluation API Key to access this service.
- Read the API documentation and start coding.
- Consider using the TomTom Maps SDK.
Common use cases you can implement
Here are some potential use cases.
- Search for an address, a POI (Points Of Interest), or a combination of both.
- Search for area, for example: "Chinatown".
- Search in the direction you are heading.
- Search for cross streets, for example: "Clay Street Drumm street".
- Search for a POI near a POI or address, for example:
- "Coffee near XYZ company".
- "Restaurants on Main Street".
- "ATMs near AMC Theater".
- "Parking near 1234 Main Street".
This is a high-level view of our Search API features.
- Fuzzy search, with optional:
- Fuzzines level setting.
- Freetext and structured geocoding.
- POI search.
- POI category search.
- Routed search (Deprecated).
- Geometry search, with:
- Point and radius.
- Mature ranking, with Landmarks.