What is Online Search?
Online Search is a RESTful API designed for developers allowing single line fuzzy search for addresses and POIs. Online Search assigns a latitude/longitude to a specific address; cross street; geographic feature or point of interest (POI).
- Register/Sign in to TomTom Developer Portal.
- Request an evaluation API key to access this service.
- Read the API documentation and start coding.
- Consider using Maps SDK
Common use-cases you can implement
- Search for an address, Search for a POI, or a combination of both
- Search for area, for example
- Search in the direction you are heading
- Search for cross streets, for example
- "Clay Street Drumm street"
- Search for a POI near a POI or address, for example
- "Coffee near XYZ company"
- "Restaurants on Main Street"
- "ATMs near AMC Theater"
- "Parking near 1234 Main Street"
- Fuzzy search, with optional
- Fuzzines level setting
- Freetext and structured geocoding
- POI search
- POI category search
- Routed search DEPRECATED
- Geometry search, with
- Point and radius
- Mature ranking, with