What is TomTom's EV Charging Stations Availability API?
The EV Charging Station Availability API provides information about the current availability of the charging spots (at the selected charging station), together with a connector type and charging power specification. The dynamic data is being refreshed every 3 minutes, giving close to real-time information. Using this API makes it possible to determine if and how many of the compatible charging spots are available at the moment.
The EV Charging Station Availability API currently consists of the following services.
EV Charging Stations Availability
The EV Charging Stations Availability endpoint provides information about the dynamic availability of the charging points, aggregated by connector type and power level.
Provides a list of all countries supported by the EV Charging Stations Availability API engine.
- To get your API Key, you first need to be registered for the TomTom Developer Portal. If you don't have an account, no worries! Register / Sign in now before continuing.
- Once you are registered, go to your Dashboard and locate the API Key that you would like to use (we've created the first one for you, it's called My first API Key).
- Read the documentation and start coding.
- Consider using the TomTom Maps SDK for Web , for iOS , and for Android.
- Check related Blog articles for further information.
Common use case
Here is a potential use case:
- Check how many vehicle-compatible charging spots are available at the selected charging station.
- Check the current status, connector type, and power compatibility of all the spots at the selected charging station.
This is a high-level view of our EV Charging Stations Availability API features.
- EV Charging Stations Availability:
- The number of charging spots with particular availability status, aggregated by connector type and charging power.
- Filtering results per connector type and charging power.