New Live Webinars and Coding Sessions on Twitch
Join us on Twitch
At the end of last year, we took a step back to reflect on our areas of growth and success in 2019 and our plans for 2020 in our year-end blog post. Two of our big goals for 2020 have been to continue to improve your experience on the developer portal, and to focus more on educational content. We have been working on these goals since the beginning of the year, and we are very excited to announce the launch of our live webinars and coding sessions on Twitch!
Twitch is a platform that our developers already use, so we’re excited to bring fun and educational content to a platform that you love. These webinars are an opportunity for us create an energetic environment where the audience gets to know us both as developer advocates, and the topics we’re covering.
Myself and other TomTom Developer Advocate Jose Jose Rojas will be talking about basics to get everyone started using the TomTom APIs, and will then go forward teaching topics that we specialize in here at TomTom with the hopes of inspiring you to build new projects and an opportunity to learn how to simplify advanced mapping topics.
Here is a list of our upcoming dates and topics:
| May 5 | Maps 101: Getting Started with the TomTom SDK for Web We’ll walk you through downloading the SDK, setting up your map display with HTML, and how to implement basic search in a few steps! | | May 19 | Directions APIs: Route Basics and Setup We'll be talking about route types, displaying a route and instructions. | | June 16 | Fleet Management Part 1: Truck Routing Learn more about our unique routing tools, which use dimensions of tricks for better pleet management. | | June 30 | Asset Tracking Part 1: Introduction to Geofencing Geofencing is an important topic for privacy and asset tracking - we'll show you how to set up fences and recieve reports. | | July 14 | Fleet Management Part 2: Matrix Routing Picking up where we left off with basic fleet management, we'll talk about displaying options and selctiong multiple destinations. |
If you’re curious about reading up on some of these topics in the meantime, our blog on our developer portal is a great resource for learning more about different ways to use our APIs and SDKs:
- What is Routing? – Learn more about route calculation, displaying routes on a map, and range routing.
- Understanding Route Parameters in the Routing API – Learn how to develop unique journeys for users using RouteTypes and more.
- Turning Location Data Points into Information About Your Fleet – Learn about fleet visibility with TomTom Maps APIs.
- What is Geofencing? – Learn all about geofencing: what it is, why you’d want to use it, and how to use it.
- What is Batch Routing and Matrix Routing? – Learn more about some of the advanced features of TomTom’s Routing API that allow you to solve large or complicated routing problems.
If you’d like to learn more about the features of our APIs and SDKs, check out some of our product pages:
- Maps SDK for Web, Android, and iOS
- Routing API and Extended Routing API
- Geofencing API and Location History API
We are excited to start this journey on Twitch to help you build different. We love coding, we love mapping, and we love our community – catch you on the first livestream!