What is TomTom's Parking Availability API?
The Parking Availability API provides information about the current availability status of parking sites. The data is refreshed every 10 minutes and is therefore close to real time. Using this API makes it possible to make better off-street parking decisions based on actual parking availability (including the number of free spaces).
The Parking Availability API currently contains the following services:
The Parking Availability endpoint provides information about the current availability status of parking sites.
Lists the markets that the Parking Availability API currently covers.
- To get your API Key, you first need to be registered for the TomTom Developer Portal. If you don't have an account, no worries! Register/Sign in now before continuing.
- Once you are registered, go to your Dashboard and locate the API Key that you would like to use (we've created the first one for you, it's called My first API Key).
- Read the documentation and start coding.
- Consider using the TomTom Maps SDK for Web , for iOS , and for Android.
- Check related Blog articles for further information.
Common use cases
Here are some potential use cases.
- Checking the availability and number of free spots in a selected off-street parking site.
This is a high-level view of our Parking Availability API features.
- Off-street parking availability, the number of empty spots, and the availability trend.