New TomTom Developers YouTube Channel
Connect with us on YouTube
As part of our goal to focus on more educational content in 2020, in April we announced the launch of our live coding sessions and webinars on Twitch. We are happy to say they’ve been going great & many of you join us bi-weekly to watch our Developer Advocates – we just wrapped up season 1 and are preparing to launch season 2 in August.
With that being said, we have another exciting announcement: the launch of our TomTom Developers YouTube channel! We’ve created five different playlists with tailored educational content just for developers on how to build different with our Maps APIs and SDKs.
Here's a brief overview of what our playlists offer:
If you’re new to using our Maps APIs, this playlist is the place to start! Get an introduction to our APIs and an overview of how they work and what you can do with them.
Hints and Tips
These bite-size videos go over quick hints and tips on making the most of your TomTom Maps APIs experience. Learn how to protect your API key, display custom markers and popups, add traffic layers, and more.
Here you’ll find tutorials from our live coding sessions on Twitch. Topics from season one include:
- How to add a map to your website using our Maps SDK for Web
- How to create route and reachable range using our Routing API
- Truck routing with our Maps APIs
- Geofencing and asset tracking with the Location History API
- Matrix routing
The recordings from our live streams will be added after airing – stay tuned for additional upcoming topics covering how to use our Map Styler, asset tracking, adding POI details with photos, EV routing, and our Notifications API.
You can find additional tutorials and use cases here on topics such as how to migrate from Google Maps to TomTom, how to add a store locator to your maps, and more.
We’re excited to provide our community with additional tools and resources and are looking forward to continuing to build our dev community.
Stay connected with us:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for tutorials, use cases, how-to’s, and more
- Visit our Forum for answers to commonly-asked questions, discussions, and more
- Follow us on Twitter for announcements and resources for devs
- Catch our live streams on Twitch every other Tuesday at 10:00AM PST – season 2 of our DEVisodes starts August 18