What is the EV Service?
The TomTom EV Service is provisioning information about charging opportunities for Electric Vehicle (EV) drivers. This encompasses locations and detailed information about charging parks and the charging stations within in each charging park as well as realtime availability for the different charging points of each charging station.
The static data provides multiple layers of information like:
- The charging parks for a given country.
- Shared properties of the charging stations in a charging park like provider, operator, address, location, opening hours, etc.
- The charging stations that are located in a charging park.
- Relevant information about charging stations like the location, payment methods.
- The charging points that belong to a charging station.
- Relevant information about charging stations like the location, supported charging plug types and charging facility type.
Note: The above parameters will be provided where available
Common use-cases you can implement
- Display positions and relevant information of nearby charging parks on a map.
- Filter charging parks by availability of charging points, provider, supported plug types, supported payment methods or the like.
- Notify drivers about availability changes of charging points in their desired charging station.
- The TomTom EV Service REST API provides bulk information about charging parks/stations/points for displaying on your map view.
- Detailed compatibility information like plug and payment types for each charging point.
- Map related information for charging parks like location and entry points.
- Consumer related information for charging parks like opening hours, operator etc.