What is NDS Map Updates?
NDS Map Updates is a suite designed for developers to enable effective Updating of the embedded NDS Map in their own navigation application. Besides a full NDS map, which serves as baseline for delivered updates or map extensions, NDS update packages and/or partial NDS Maps can be provided.
- The NDS update architecture covering NDS update server and NDS update client facilitates the incremental update of NDS products.
- The NDS Map updates are stored on the NDS update server. These updates can be downloaded from this server to the NDS navigation devices by using the NDS update protocol.
- For the download of NDS updates to the NDS navigation device the NDS update client needs to be integrated with the NDS based navigation application. The NDS update client is a client-side library which supports to hide for applications the complexity of the NDS update platform.
- Register/Sign in to TomTom Developer Portal.
- Please request access to this service and the related API documentation.
- Contact us for requesting access to an NDS baseline map, which is needed to use this service.
- Download NDS map update package containing:
- Update client
- Integrate NDS update client with an NDS based navigation application.
Common use-cases you can implement
- Get frequent map updates for keeping the navigation database fresh and the navigation experience accurate.
- Extend the installed navigation map by extending its geo-coverage or adding content layers.
- Enable map updates & map extensions by integrating TomTom’s NDS update client library into your application.